Tuesday, October 6, 2009

TK takes on the state of TV Fall 2009 Edition: The Best Shows!

Well now that the air has been cleared and my conscious has been cleaned I think it's time to move on with what TV has gotten right this season. With quite a few new shows sparking my interest this season, I feel good about the future of most of them so let's take a look at some of the best new shows on TV and some of the best ones that have been going strong for several years now.

Sunday's-
The best: Dexter- There really isn't anything wrong with the new season of Dexter thus far. I think it is one of the best written and one of the most talented cast of actors assembled on television. The addition of John Lithgow as the trinity killer has only added to the Dexter universe. Michael C. Hall makes my jaw drop each week as I think he is one of the best actors out there. The show sticks true to it's winning formula each season and is probably one of the best shows currently airing.

The best: Family Guy!- This show after two new episodes this season has won me over again after a terrible previous season that was filled with some new lows for me. But so far this season I've been laughing out loud like never before. Take for instance the season premiere where Stewie and Brian jump around different universes. I think the idea and premise alone are funny and just to see where they were going to end up was hysterical. The Disney character universe good lord I can't stop laughing about that one.

The show has gotten back down to it's core and that is funny jokes and even funnier and more random flashbacks. I think it will be interesting to see how the show fairs without Cleveland but I don't think they need to worry about that because fans are going to tune in each week to see what kind of nonsense and mayhem Peter and company find themselves in next.

Well as for Monday's there is nothing that really gets the best nod. Aside from Heroes, I also watch Lie to Me but that is in the middle for me right now so can't put it on my best. Also have gotten into How I Met Your Mother but have only watched one season so I can't put that anywhere yet but judging just season one it would easily fit into the best category. And as for Tuesday's like I said in the previous post I don't watch any shows on Tuesday's so onto the next night!

Wednesday's (The best new show of the season!)
The best: Modern Family! Let's talk about the show that I've become obsessed with. The pilot episode was one of the best pilot episodes I've ever seen. Never has a show really grabbed me like this one did and I just love every single person on this show. From the cool dad to the gay couple, this show just flows flawlessly. It is like one of my favorite shows on TV now just after two quick episodes.

Ed O'Neill is terrific as the center piece of this very strange and fun loving family and his take on what being a good parent is all about is so funny to watch. I think this show really covers what a modern family in this country is all about. They all go through some hard times and good times and yes find themselves in some very interesting situations. I think this show easily gets the title of being the best new show this season and I hope it sticks around for many many years to come!

Thursday's-
The best: THE OFFICE! Come on, like there was any doubt I wouldn't feature my favorite show on this list. But I'm not being selfish here, The Office has rightfully earned a spot on the best show list. In it's sixth season, The Office is on top of it's game so far and with the wedding we've all been waiting for airing this Thursday you just have a feeling that this episode could become an instant classic!

The show is on the right track creatively and character wise as well. I love where the show is currently and am so intrigued by the possibilities of what is next for Dunder Mifflin. With two co-managers now I can't wait to see what other story lines stem from this as a result. What other antics are in store for beloved characters like Andy, Kevin and Oscar and the biggest question will Dwight and Angela ever become an item once again? And will Michael ever find true love and happiness, I have a feeling he will!

The best: Flash Forward! This show intrigued me from the trailers I saw on the screen and they've proven to be worth my viewing. This show is very very complex and interesting and am left wondering what is going to happen next week. The show's premise is so interesting and is something I've personally never seen on TV before and that makes for good viewing and an entertaining show if you ask me.

The characters are ones I have become interested in and just want to know who is responsible for the entire globe blacking out. I can't wait to see what happens next and I definitely think Flash Forward is one of the best new shows of the season and is one that will be around for some time to come!

Friday's and Saturday's do not have any best!

So there you have it, the Best shows of the Fall 2009 Season according to myself of course. Did I miss any shows? Are there any shows I should be watching but am not? Please feel free to comment me and let me know, am welcome to hear any opinions.

Happy viewing!

TK

No comments:

Post a Comment