Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: And the nominees are

Hello everybody, I hope everyone is enjoying their Wed morning, I know I am. I love days when I don't have to go to work till four, I can just lay around the house and do whatever, and that's nice. So figured before I really start to over work myself this morning, ha joke, that I'd stop by the old blog and write a little something.

Something that caught my eye this morning was the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees were announced.

Highlighting this year's list are:

KISS, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Genesis, Jimmy Cliff, The Hollies and LL Cool J, to name a few.

Now while I think the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is a joke, this year's list of nominees only adds fuel to this fire. I mean come on here, LL Cool J and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Neither fit into the category of Rock and Roll bands and neither possess the resume that qualifies them to get into it.

Now don't get me wrong, I love the RHCP, but they are not a rock and roll band. They are more alternative, scratch that, they are alternative rock and just don't belong in the hall of fame. LL Cool J, give me a break, that's all I'm saying about him.

Kiss deserve it because they are one of the biggest bands in the history of the genre of rock and roll. There was never a band like them before and the staying power they have is quite evident today. With a new album and massive world tour starting within a month, KISS is the only band on this list other then Genesis who really have done anything to warrant a spot in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2010 Class.

Sound off, do you guys agree with me or not? I would love to hear what you think, so please let me know.

TK

No comments:

Post a Comment