Tuesday, September 22, 2009

TK reflects on 'Heroes' season premiere

Alright boys and girls, I have just finished watching the 2 hour season premiere of 'Heroes' and I must say I am a bit mixed on what I saw.

First things first, I love the mystery surrounding the new crop of bad people this year, aka the Carnival folk. Samuel, whose power remains unknown at this time has a grand master plan which I'm sure we'll involve all of the familiar Heroes we've come to love and even hate. Along side him are Edgar, a speedy knife thrower and the lovely Lydia who can see people arrive at this carnival and know some stuff about them as well. I think they are very mysterious and add something that was missing in this show last year and that is the potential to have some serious villains on the show.

Back to the others for a minute. Claire is being the typical annoying Claire and I've really grown tired of her. She is a freshmen at college and is trying a new philosophy in life, telling the truth. But yet she gets dragged into the center of her roommates mysterious suicide/homicide/death and lunges herself from the window only to have a new friend, Gretchen see her popping her ribs back into herself, gross by the way!

Peter is back to being the hero he has always wanted to be. He has Suresh's speed and agility and is using the power to save lives as a paramedic. He is called into duty yet again by Noah and encounters Edgar our speed demon knife thrower where the two have a massive duel using knives and he takes his power and is now even faster.

I love the whole Matt/Nathan/Sylar triangle. I think it's creepy how a part of Sylar has made his way into Matt's normal day life. He is embedded in him and until Sylar gets his body back, things will only continue to get worse for beloved Matt I'm sure. Nathan on the other hand is starting to discover he may be more then he ever has been before. He notices strange changes are happening to him and tells Angela that he feels invincible, a prelude to come I'm sure.

A lot of dialogue and wasted time occurred tonight for me, as not much action took place at all in the show's two hour premiere. The thing that excites me though is the potential for this carnival story and how it is going to unfold. Am I hooked on the show yes. I'm not going to stop watching it no matter what as I love this show and some of the characters on it, go ahead call me obsessed, I don't mind.

Noah and Tracy are starting to form an interesting connection, but I'm sure that will ultimately go no wehre seeing that Tracy at the beginning was trying to kill Noah and almost did and now is visiting Noah in the hospital because he was attacked by Edgar who managed to steal the compass back from Noah. What is the deal with the compass by the way?

The premiere while not action packed sets up a lot of interesting things. Will Sylar reemerge and who is going to band together to take on the carnival?

'Heroes' season premiere gets 3.5/5 stars from me! I'll be watching every week you can count on it!

TK

No comments:

Post a Comment