Monday, June 1, 2009

TK's June Movie Preview: Get ready to laugh!

Well friends, what a month for movies we just had. We had some huge blockbusters all crammed in together and I got to see them all, and am proud to say was happy with all of them. But it's time to put the giant movies out of the way and get back to what I love to do and that's laugh. And if you're a fan of comedies like I am, then wow, June is going to have you falling out of your chair because you will be laughing. The heavyweights are clocking in: Ferrell, Black, Cera, Reynolds, Bullock to name a few are all in funny movies this month. So what should you go and see and maybe what to avoid and wait for it to hit shelves? I'll tackle all the big movies for this month, so let's get it started.

So I'm proud to present an in-depth view at the June movies you won't want to miss!

Land of the Lost (June 5)

TK's take: Well for being a Will Ferrell movie I must admit that I'm not too pumped up for this one as I have been for his other films. Sure it looks ok and kind of funny but that's about it. The trailers really haven't stood out to me that much and it just looks to be another one of those films that will get overlooked by the masses. Ferrell develops a time machine and of course is sent back in time with two companions and must find their way back home. Dinosaurs and God only knows what else lies waiting for them in this movie.









The Hangover (June 5)

TK's take: Is anyone else pacing back and forth just waiting for this movie to come out? I know I am. The trailers have been laugh out loud funny and with Todd Phillips directing this movie, 'Old School' I think we're going to have another instant classic comedy film when it's all said and done. Bradley Cooper and Ed Helms lead the way in this film about a batchelor party that goes off the charts in where else, Vegas. I think this will easily take the cake for being the funniest movie of the year and am setting the bar high for this one. But if the trailers are any early indication, then this movie is going to have us all laughing for quite some time.








The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 (June 12)

TK's take: Well you got two heavyweight actors in this new suspense style movie, Travolta and Washington. From what I've seen so far this movie definitely intrigues me, and I actually want to go see it because of that. Travolta plays a criminal who apparently has hijacked a subway train and wants Washington to come meet him and deliver him some money. This should be a good back and forth, good vs. evil style movie and Washington has been on his game lately and I've always been a fan of Travolta. If you're looking for a good suspense movie, I think this is going to be one that is worth checking out.









The Proposal (June 19)

TK's take: Well I'm not a huge Sandra Bullock fan, but I'm a huge Ryan Reynolds fan. This movie looks really funny actually from clips I've seen. Basically Bullock has to marry Reynolds otherwise she loses her green card and is out of here. Of course the two can't stand eachother because she is his boss. The two inevitably become closer together and well let's face it, I'm sure they end up falling in love. Reynolds and Bullock should play well off each other and actually make the movie enjoyable. I don't know if I'll be rushing to it opening weekend, but I think it'll definitely be worth renting once it comes out on DVD because it should be a decent movie.








Year One (June 19)

TK's take: It's the first road trip in the history of road trips, how can you not be excited to see this movie. Jack Black and Michael Cera have had me sold since the project was announced, and throw in cameos from David Cross and the one and only Paul Rudd and McLovin, and you have the making for a great comedy movie. Black and Cera play two lonely cavemen who together set out on an epic journey to rescue a lost girl, one who Cera has the hot's for. Black and Cera should work quite nicely together and provide us all with some very funny one-liners, if what shows up in the trailer makes it's way to the big screen. I'll definitely be checking this film out on opening night, because it's going to be great.







Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (June 24)

TK's take: I'm freaking out just waiting for this movie to arrive. With the new trailers out, and now viewed by me at least 100 times, I can't wait for this flick. The first one was awesome and the second one I think is going to blow it out of this world. All the main guys are back but director Michael Bay has served up nearly a dozen new robots for this thriller of a sequel. War is upon the autobots yet again and it's up to Sam and company to make sure Earth doesn't fall into the bad guys' control. Plus it doesn't hurt to see Megan Fox throughout a film now does it? Transformers should be one of the biggest grossing films not just in June but for the entire year as well. This movie should be huge and it's easily going to be the biggest film of June, I can't wait!!!








Other notables:
My Life in Ruins (June 5)
Imagine That (June 12)

TK's Movie Most Worth Seeing: Transformers Revenge of the Fallen
TK's Movie Most Interested in Seeing: The Hangover

So there you have it. June is going to be the month full of laughs but the month wraps up with arguably one of the most anticipated movies of the entire year in Transformers 2. Hope you guys enjoy these films, and I'll see you at the show.

TK

No comments:

Post a Comment