Thursday, June 25, 2009

TK's take on the King of Pop Michael Jackson

Well I'm not going to pretend I'm a die hard fan of one of music's biggest legends- Michael Jackson, but I still feel I can talk about him and yes I loved some of his music. I want to put all the other weird things aside because that's not how this man should be remembered. He should be remembered for the impact and his personal stamp he left on the entire music industry. There will never be another artist like him, and there was never another artist like him until he hit the scene.

From his early days in the Jackson 5 and of course his many years as a solo artist, the man just had a natural born gift. He was made an entertainer and man was he ever. His songs are legendary and his moves, I mean the moon walk just is amazing to see no matter how many times you've seen it or tried it yourself! He changed the landscape of music and not many artists can lay claim to that.

Billie Jean, Beat It, Black or White, the list goes on and on and this is the work that this man should and I think ultimately will be remembered for. The man has sold over hundreds and hundreds of millions of albums and I think it's important that people will remember him for the musical genius he was, and not for the other incidents that sadly tarnished this man's legacy.

Michael Jackson is an artist that millions got to see perform and it's a true tragedy that he was taken away just before he was set to return to London for a series of concerts. I know I wish I could of seen the King of Pop perform but sadly that day will never come to light. The man was and always will be the true king of Pop as he was the originator, the creator and the Godfather of Pop music, that all acts who proceed him today and tomorrow can only hope to achieve 1/10th of his success.

TK

No comments:

Post a Comment