Thursday, April 16, 2009

TK's take on the 2009 NBA Playoffs

Yeah yeah, it's NBA Playoff time again, and this year its going to be great to watch. Can Boston repeat? Will Kobe prove he can lead a team to the finals and WIN, without Shaq? All these questions will be answered here, and now without further delay, it's time for TK's 2009 NBA Playoff predictions:

EASTERN CONFERENCE

1. CLEVELAND CAVS VS. 8. DETROIT PISTONS
TK's take- This series is going to be embarassing for the Pistons, first off they are not that good, and the Cavs with King James will utterly dismiss them from the court and will do so in a very timely fashion. The King has something to prove this post season and I think that is bad news for the rest of the East.
Prediction- Cavs in 4

4. ATLANTA HAWKS VS. 5. MIAMI HEAT
TK's take- I've always been a big fan of Wade and I think the Heat ended the season on a major hot streak. I think Wade along with many others think he has had a MVP type season and I wouldn't be shocked if he won it. But it's the playoffs and that is all out the window now.
Prediction- Heat in 6

3. ORLANDO MAGIC VS. 6. PHILLADELPHIA 76ers
TK's take- I love the Magic, and hope they go far this postseason. They have one of the top players in the league in Dwight Howard aka Superman and I think he will have no problem flying into the next round against the 76ers.
Prediction- Magic in 5

2. BOSTON CELTICS VS. 7. CHICAGO BULLS
TK's take- I love the Bulls I really do but let's face it, they don't stand a chance right? Well I think I am. The Bulls finished hot down the stretch and the Celtics big three is being cut down to the top two without KG's service, but with Allen and Pierce, the Bulls will have no answer and that sucks.
Prediction- Celtics in 5

So then it will be 1. CLEVELAND VS. 5. MIAMI HEAT
TK's take- Cleveland will win in 6 games

2. BOSTON CELTICS VS. 3. ORLANDO MAGIC
TK's take- Magic win in 7 games

EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS
1. CLEVELAND CAVS VS. 3. ORLANDO MAGIC
TK's take- The King vs. Superman, well Superman is great but The King has more subjects surronding him and the CLEVELAND CAVS are headed back to the NBA FINALS as they win in 6 games!!!

WESTERN CONFERENCE BREAKDOWN:

1. LOS ANGELES LAKERS VS. 8. UTAH JAZZ
TK's take- The Jazz as the eight seed should present a bit of a challenge for the Lakers, but I don't think it's going to slow them down or anything, as Kobe has been playing great all year and will be in the final say come MVP time.
Prediction- Lakers in 5

4. PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS VS. 5. HOUSTON ROCKETS
TK's take- I think the Rockets aren't that good and that the youthful Trail Blazers will overcome inexperience to take down the veteran Rockets.
Prediction- Portland in 6

3. SAN ANTONIO SPURS VS. 6. DALLAS MAVERICKS
TK's take- I hate Mark Cuban and love the Spurs, so go Spurs.
Prediction- SPURS SWEEP!

2. DENVER VS. 7. NEW ORLEANS HORNETS
TK's take- Sorry Carmelo but you aren't getting out of the first round again this year either. I can't stand the Nuggets, and I love CP3. I think CP3 shows up and takes the Hornets past the Nuggets. UPSET ALERT!!!
Prediction- HORNETS in 7

So we have 1. LOS ANGELES LAKERS VS. 4. PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS.
TK's Take- Lakers handle Portland with ease, Lakers win in 6.

3. SAN ANTONIO SPURS VS. 7. NEW ORLEANS HORNETS.
TK's take- SPURS show why they've been there before, and win in 6 games.

So in the WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS IT'S: 1. LOS ANGELES LAKERS VS. 3. SAN ANTONIO SPURS...
TK's take- A lot of experience here and in the end I think the advantage goes to Texas... AS THE SPURS WIN IN A DRAMATIC LAST SECOND SHOT IN GAME 7

NBA CHAMPIONSHIP EAST VS WEST.
1. CLEVELAND CAVS VS. 3 SAN ANTONIO SPURS
TK's take- I do like Lebron, but Timmy Duncan is one of my favorite players and it's hard for me to cheer against him, so I'm not. I think that Mr. Duncan and Mr. Eva Longoria, excuse me Tony Parker capture another ring and add to their legacies.

SPURS WIN IN 7 GAMES TO WIN THE NBA TITLE!!!

TK out!


No comments:

Post a Comment