Saturday, May 16, 2009

TK's first ever concert review: KEITH URBAN!!!

KEITH URBAN: ESCAPE TOGETHER WORLD TOUR REVIEW: CHICAGO-ALL STATE ARENA, MAY 15, 2009

Ok, now that the rock and country power has left my bones it's time to take a breather and relax and describe to all of you people out there just how amazing this concert was tonight. It was only one of the first dates on Keith Urban's 2009 world tour and man it feels like we were in the middle of it.

The show's opener tonight was the Zac Brown Band, and sorry these guys do nothing for me. Too many slow songs except for a very good rendition of the Devil Went Down to Georgia, but other then Chicken Fried, the set list was slow and almost put me to sleep. And then the lights went out and it was time for some good ol fashioned rock and roll country music.

Keith opened up the show with one of his newer songs off of Defying Gravity called Hit the Ground Runnin, and that would be the theme for the night friends, as he and his band who are honestly one of the best live bands I've ever heard just rocked the All State Arena tonight for 2 plus hours. He went straight into some of his biggest hits including Days Go By, a killer rendition of my favorite Urban song- Stupid Boy. Urban energized the crowd and even did a walk around lap through the arena onto a smaller stage pretty close to where we were sitting and delivered some amazing renditions of Making Memories of Us, and Once in a Lifetime before heading back on stage and blasting into his most recent number one hit- Sweet Thing.

Urban mixed old hits with newer singles and the show had a very consistent flow to it. It never got too slow which is a good thing and the band just jammed especially on songs like You Look Good In My Shirt, which was introduced with Urban playing some of rock and roll's most well known riffs including AC/DC, so that was freaking sweet. Other songs included Where the Blacktop Ends, Kiss A Girl, You're My Better Half and Standing Right in Front of You. Urban and the boys played two encore songs including an acoustic version of Tonight I Wanna Cry and closed the show with Better Life which was a jam and then the up and close fans were treated to a shower of confetti.

What I along with millions of other Urban fans love about his style of play is that he adds rock and guitar to country. His songs hit home and the messages and meaning behind each song he releases are so clear and prominent and that's what I love about music. Songs that have meaning are so great and to hear them performed live by one of music's greatest entertainers- Keith Urban is a real treat for any fan.

If you haven't seen an Urban concert I highly recommend you do. His energy and the way he commands a stage will have you hooked from the first second to the closing note. He is a true entertainer and an excellent singer and he has the hits and fans to prove it.

Concert rating- 5/5 stars, truly awesome.

TK

3 comments:

  1. Great review TK!

    I always like to read a male's point of view about Keith's music & shows since so many want to point to the fact that he's a good-looking guy & that's the only reason he's got so many fans. BS! It's because the man can play the h e l l out of a guitar, sing songs with his unique, emotion-filled voice, and entertain your pants off live!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I totally agree. The man can flat out sing, and jam and his songs are freaking great, thanks for the comment, I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my long standing dreams was to attend a Keith urban concert live. . I know all the words of his songs by heart …well he is performing this year. Next weekend I’m going to visit my sister and we will attend his Keith urban ; I've compared tickets prices tix before from Ticketwood.com
    So I'll be analyzing as well as enjoying the concert.

    ReplyDelete